Thursday 3 April 2014

So, Don't Starve has an expansion...

...an expansion I bought as soon as I logged onto Steam this morning, as for only four dollars it promised a giant were-badger. Total badger sightings remain at zero, but I'm already officially a satisfied customer - after only half an hour, no less. Why?
Pig agriculture has apparently become more sophisticated in Reign of Giants.
There have been other notable developments in porcine society, one of which is of particular interest.
Flammability.
No more must we be content with insignificant patches of carrots or berries - we can burn proper crops.
(I also stole his shovel.)


This, dear reader, is what VINDICATION looks like.

Pig Houses can now be ignited, with a forest fire or a precision arson strike using a torch or Willow's lighter.
Bearing in mind that I only appreciate this addition for the realism, as unburnable wooden houses shattered my suspension of disbelief and greatly limited my immersion in the world...PEEKABOO!

That is why. If anyone ever needs an argument in favour of downloadable content, this is one of the more compelling non-pinball examples I've seen.
Also, drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment